Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I'm a Codfish

A friend and I were talking one day while our kids played together. A little of this, a little of that. Nothing and Everything all at the same time. You know how it is.

I had mentioned my recent discovery that older women feel bad about how their necks look (based on some older female friends reading the book "I feel Bad about my Neck"). She told me about a woman she knew growing up who had the most amazing neck at like 60. This woman had shared her secret... and I'm going to share it here. It's oh so complicated, so pay attention. I call it the Codfish.

Look at the ceiling. Open and close your mouth like a fish. Repeat for as long as necessary (2 min; 20 min; 20 times... whatever you can handle).

Silly, huh? Except that when you do it, you can feel your neck, under your chin, and your collar area moving. Makes sense that if you work the muscles a little, it'll firm up. I won't know the results for sure until I've added some years. But, it's worth trying, right?

Oh, and I'd suggest doing the Codfish in the shower washing your hair or when your on the lav. After all, it's not really silly if no one can see you. (wink!)

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to comment and say how happy I am that you have a blog! We are back from vacation and we would love to see you soon and catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee. That sounds so silly. I'm totally doing it and each time I'll picture you doing it too! I keep seeing infomercials for an exercise gizmo that is supposed to work those muscles. It is basically a spring in a casing that you anchor between your chin and chest and then just push down with your chin. It's fantastic there is an exercise you can do without buying the gadget. Saves me $20!

    ReplyDelete